The impact of modern culture (media and social networks)
1. Humans in the creation, knowledge and adjustment to culture
· What is culture?
· What constitutes a people’s culture?
· What are the differences and/ or similarities between human cultures in the modern world?
2. Studying the past so as to understand the present
· How does the study of a people’s past aid in understanding their present.
· Mention and expound the elements of a past that can be used to understand the modern culture of a people.
· How can a scholar ascertain the validity and dependability of historical sources?
4. Dynamism and transformation of culture
· What is the function of culture in individual and communal growth and improvement?
· Describe the common aspects of culture across the human civilizations.
· Describe the significance and function for the presence of assortment and multiplicity amongst culture.
· How can this diversity be sustained or enhanced?
· How do the components of culture affect other institutions of a people’s existence?
· Describe the term “cultural diffusion”.
· Expound on the myriad of ways by which cultural diffusion may take place.
· How can unity be fostered by a people inside the boundaries of their culture and among other different cultures?
3. Elements and components of modern culture
· Describe the term ‘modern culture’.
· What role has the media played in the promotion of modern culture?
· Do you believe that the media has enhanced the transformation of culture positively or negatively? Explain.
· Describe the shift by the media from conventional methods of communication e.g newspapers to contemporary ones.
· Describe the social networks that are most common in the contemporary world.
· What are the impacts of social media on institutes?
· How has social media impacted the lives of people in the contemporary word particularly the youth?
Harper, Ruth, A. (2010) The Social Media Revolution: Exploring the Impact on Journalism and News Media Organizations. Student Pulse, 2.03 Retrieved from: <http://www.studentpulse.com/a?id=202>